(※If a picture is clicked, it will indicate by expansion. There are for each 2 pieces images)
Acrylic on canvas,
The Kent board
CD Audition Device (NAKAMICHI MB-K300s)
5.5 ×5.5 inch; 14× 14 cm each
40 × 40 inch; 102×102 cm panel with 25 works
Those CDs covers are duplicated in acrylic on canvas.
Each CD cover is accompanied by handwritten lyrics and inserts, as well as an actual CD on which I have sung the songs myself and recorded them. I have passionately and respectfully duplicated the music a cappella.
- I can not play any instruments.
- There are many copy bands, but I am the best.
- I love music more than pictures and sculptures.
- I like hearing legends about the musicians.
- When I am creating my work, I can be the musicians whom I respect and love.
- I sometimes think that I am cool when I sing song ardently.
- To choose CDs from my favorites, was difficult but fun.
- I think the jackets of Heavy Metal CDs are cool.
- I like “Megadeth” more than “Metallica”.
- The good jacket has good songs on the CD.
- I hate “Greatest Hits”.
- I never buy songs from the “iTunes Music Store”.
- A lot of illegally copied CDs are sold on the streets of Asia .
- I am a Japanese, and a Japanese are good at mimicry.
- I think “iPods” are useful.
- I love the works of Andy Warhol.
- I sympathize with "D.I.Y" mind of the punk / hard core.
- It is possible to listen to my song only in the exhibition.
- The works of CDs are duplications, but nevertheless are myself, and also my original work of art.